- Title Professor
- Department Teaching and Research Center for Bio-coexistence
- Course Fujisaki Farm
- Research Field Pomology and Agricultural Meteorology Research Subject
- E-mail daiyu [at] hirosaki-u.ac.jp
please substitute @ for [at]
- Phone +81-172-75-3027
I am working at Fujisaki farm affiliated with our faculty. My main duty on education is to teach farm practice to the 2nd year students, who come to our farm every week by bus to experience fruit and vegetable cultivation. I want them to realize that every agricultural technology is based on scientific achievements, and the agricultural works are creative and delightful especially at the time of harvest. For students going to specialize in molecular or cell biology, I want them to consider through farm practice how they can put their research to good use in farmland.
Agricultural Meteorology, Fruit Tree Science
Now I am studying on the cultivation technology of apple tree and meteorological ecology of apple orchard. I am also conducting the cooperative micro meteorological observations in Shirakami mountains. I formerly studied on mulberry and Japanese pear in my previous positions, so I am a generalist rather than a specialist.
Education & Appointments
1982 B.Sc. Kyoto University, faculty of agriculture
1982 Researcher Sericultural experiment station, MAFF
1993 Senior researcher National institute of sericulture and entomological science, MAFF
1995 Senior researcher National institute of fruit tree science, MAFF
1995 Ph.D. Kyoto University
2001 Assistant professor Hirosaki university
2007 Associate professor Hirosaki university
- Ito, D. (2018) Inter-annual Trend of Fruit Yield and Quality of Apple Trees with Marubakaido Rootstock Trained with Flat Trellis System. Horticultural Research, 17(2), in press. (In Japanese with English summary)
- Ito, D. and Ishida, S. (2016) Short- and long-term effects of soil moisture on soil respiration in an apple orchard. J. Agric. Meteorol., 72, 63-71.
- Ito, D. and Futatsumori, Y. (2015) Effects of flowable sulfur spray and rain shelter protection on disease control in organic culture of apple. Ann.Rept. Plant Prot. North Japan, 66, 82-87. (In Japanese)
- Ito, D., Ishida, S. and Endo, A. (2013) Simplified estimation for the soil surface water potential of an apple orchard based on the meteorological data. Agricultural Meteorology in Tohoku, 57, 1-6. (In Japanese)