- Title Professor
- Department The Shirakami Research Center for Environmental Sciences
- Research Field Ecology/environment
- E-mail yishi [at] hirosaki-u.ac.jp
please substitute @ for [at]
- Phone +81-172-39-3708
Dendroecology, Plant Ecology:
Ecological studies of plant community and tree growth under changing environments
Education & Appointments
1987-2011 Department of Forestry and Landscape Architecture, Hokkaido College, Senshu University
2011– The Shirakami Institute for Environmental Sciences, Hirosaki University.
1) Yukio Ishikawa, Kazuo Yabe and Hiroki Yamagishi (2015) Establishment and growth of the Alnus japonica forest at the northwestern coast of Lake Utonai in the southern area of Ishikari Depression, northern Japan. Vegetation Science 32:81-94.
2) Yukio Ishikawa (2017) Key years of tree ring chronologies of Hiba arbor-vitae (Thujopsis dolabrata var. hondai) growing in Hayaseno Reserve Forest in southern Aomori. SHIRAKAMI-SANCHI 6：1-8.
See the website of our center: http://www.hirosaki-u.ac.jp/shirakami/english/