- Title Professor
- Department Applied Biology and Food Sciences
- Course Plant Protection and Environment Course
- Research Field Plant Pathology
- E-mail sano [at] hirosaki-u.ac.jp
please substitute @ for [at]
- Phone +81-172-39-3817
1）Molecular structure, pathogenesis and host specificity of viroid （RNA pathogen）
2）Diagnosis and control of plant virus and viroid diseases
- Tsushima T, Sano T* (2018) A point-mutation of Coleus blumei viroid 1 switches the potential to transmit through seed. J Gen Virol., in press.
- Hataya T, Tsushima T, Sano T. (2017) Hop stunt viroid, Chapter 19, pp. 199-210. in Viroids and Satellites (Eds. Hadidi, A. et al.) Academic Press, ISBN 978-0 12-801498-1.
- Suzuki T, Fujibayashi M, Hataya T, Taneda A, He Y-H, Tsushima T, Duraisamy GS, Siglová K, Matoušek J, Sano T* (2017) Characterization of host-dependent mutations of Apple fruit crinkle viroid replicating in newly identified experimental hosts suggests maintenance of stem-loop structures in the left-hand half of the molecule is important for replication. J Gen Virol. 98: 506-516.
- Tsushima D, Tsushima T, Sano T.* (2016) Molecular dissection of a dahlia isolate of potato spindle tuber viroid inciting a mild symptoms in tomato. Virus Res. 214: 11-18.
- Adkar-Purushothama CR, Kasai A, Sugawara K, Yamamoto H, Yamazaki Y, He Y-H, Takada N, Goto H, Shindo S, Harada T, Sano T.* (2015) RNAi mediated inhibition of viroid infection in transgenic plants expressing viroid-specific small RNAs derived from various functional domains. Scientific Reports 5:17949 | DOI: 10.1038/srep17949.